Frontier Inventory Management is designed to help an organization manage, plan, and analyze inventory investment across the entire production and distribution network. The Frontier ERP System has been developed around a multi-plant foundation, supporting flexible levels of inventory control and planning methodologies for both stock and customer-specified products. Frontier’s iInventory is a web-based inquiry application designed to provide enhanced visibility and drill down into Frontier-based inventory status, requirements, replenishment, and transaction history.
Frontier Inventory Management supports:
- A multi-plant database foundation providing centralized visibility and management of inventory requirements, replenishments, and availability across all plants and warehouses
- Flexible levels of inventory control defined by product and plant/warehouse, including a basic four walls inventory, location control, lot traceability, and serial number tracking
- Time-phased inventory availability with detailed pegging of on-hand inventory, replenishments (purchases, plant transfers, and returns), and requirements (customer, production, and plant transfers)
- Sophisticated warehouse management functions with user-defined logic to support automated material put-away, location letdown, and material movement operations
- Detailed inventory audit file tracking to record inventory transaction information, with flexible inquiry and reporting to support the review and analysis of audit transactions
- Multiple inventory planning methodologies, including Reorder Point (ROP), Material Requirements Planning (MRP), Distribution Requirements Planning (DRP), Master Production Scheduling (MPS), Drop Shipments, and Sales Order Discrete
- Integrated forecasting methodologies based on product sales and/or historical material usage models
- Summary and detailed inventory management reporting to help manage inventory shortages as well as excess inventory situations
Frontier iInventory supports:
- A development environment that can be deployed on any standard web server and utilizes an Application Program Interface (API) layer to leverage Frontier ERP-based application program logic and data
- Inventory Audit File – Inquiry into historical inventory transactions supporting multiple inquiry prompts, summary and detailed views of the information retrieved, as well as integrated drill-downs into transaction-level details
- Overall Inventory Availability – Inquiry into summarized, time-phased inventory requirements, replenishment, and availability, supporting flexible buckets (i.e., daily, weekly, monthly) and date ranges, as well as integrated drill-downs into sales, production, plant transfer, and purchase order-level details
- Manufacturing Inventory Availability – Inquiry into summarized inventory requirements, replenishment, and availability for exploded component parts based on the Bill of Material definition, supporting integrated drill-downs into detailed component availability
Ready to learn more about inventory management in Frontier ERP software for manufacturing? Contact us today.