To stay competitive and succeed, every manufacturer must target and achieve peak performance at all levels. This means more than just producing the best possible product. It means delivering quality products, on time, and at a realistic price. It means staying on the very leading edge of technology and tying it all together by taking advantage of the latest in internal automation at every business level; financial, customer-facing, and manufacturing.
Manufacturers of windows, doors, and other flat-glass products (such as shower enclosures and heavy glass fixtures) face all of these same challenges as other manufacturers. Order management, inventory control and planning, production control, scheduling, and finance are all key requirements.
However, manufacturers in these industries also face additional challenges:
- To-order manufacturing. Most (if not all) products are built to customer specifications, which can vary on an order-by-order basis. Dimensions, colors, and configurations can be different for every order and job.
- The dealer channel. Manufacturers of windows typically do not deal directly with the consumer. They must accept orders from dealers, and provide additional support services to those dealers to ensure loyalty. Furthermore, they must be able to quickly provide quotes to their dealers, who themselves may be in a competitive situation.
- Material optimization. When the majority of products are made-to-order, it is vital to optimize the use of “cut-to-size” materials such as extrusions and glass to maximize yield and to drive down overall material costs.
Friedman Frontier ERP software helps manufacturers of windows, doors, and screens achieve peak performance.
Frontier is a configured ERP providing a complete solution, including:
- Parametric configuration
- 3D product engineering
- Modeling and rendering
- Web access for dealers to generate quotations and place orders
- Dynamic and user-defined scheduling
Plus, all the core manufacturing features, functions, and values offered by an integrated ERP product.