Frontier Purchasing and Receiving helps you manage the business activities associated with material procurement, quality control and vendor management. The Purchasing and Receiving module is tightly integrated with other Frontier® ERP modules to automate material requests and the processing of vendor payments. An Intranet-based inquiry application, it is designed to provide enhanced visibility and drill-down into purchases, requisitions and historical performance.
Purchasing and Receiving Supports:
- An integrated requisition module to review and authorize suggested purchases generated internally by planners or automatically by the Frontier ERP Material Planning modules
- Integration with the Frontier ERP Product Configuration Management module to support the automatic generation of requisitions for customer specified, make-to-order purchase parts
- Comprehensive vendor files to maintain product, pricing, shipping, payment and contractual terms associated with a vendor
- An integrated buyer “workbench” to review open purchase requests, providing integrated drill-down into detailed product/vendor information, and automatic conversion to authorized purchase orders
- Automatic tracking and qualification of vendor performance based on product quality, receipt accuracy and delivery timeliness
- Integrated material receipts processing supporting detailed inspection criteria, automatic inventory updates and flexible product disposition options
- Import tracking functionality to calculate a product’s landed cost based on the automatic prorating of all associated importing fees and costs
- Subcontract functionality to authorize and track materials that are at outside vendors for processing
- Drop shipment functionality integrated with the Frontier ERP Sales Order Processing module to automatically process direct shipments from a vendor
- Flexible inquiry and reporting to provide summary and detailed purchasing commitment, performance and exception information
- A Java™-based, IBM WebSphere development environment that can be deployed on any standard web server
- Use of an Application Program Interface (API) layer to leverage Frontier ERP-based application program logic and data
- Purchasing Inquiry – Inquiry into open and closed purchase order and requisition activity supporting multiple inquiry prompts, summary and detailed views of the information retrieved. Integrated drill-down into transaction-level details based on the status and type of the purchase order being reviewed.
- Current Purchasing Analysis – Inquiry into summarized time phased purchasing requirements against planned demand, supporting flexible buckets (i.e., daily, weekly, monthly) and date ranges, as well as integrated drill-downs into purchase order and requisition details.
- Historical Purchasing Analysis – Inquiry into historical purchase order activity, performance measurements, and vendor quotation information. The flexible design of the inquiry supports multiple prompts and displays based on user-defined selections, including integrated drill-down into detailed transaction level data.
Back to Software Overview